Interested in joining the team at CI Accountancy?
We are currently hiring a Part Time Accountants’ Assistant.
As an Accountants’ Assistant you will provide accountancy functions, primarily VAT returns and bookkeeping, and services in support of the accountants, as well as administrative and financial support to the director. The job is 3 days per week with flexibility available as to which days are worked. You will have responsibility for your own client base, and will be expected to build a good rapport with your clients by gaining an understanding of their business. You will primarily be based out of our Hexham office, but will be required to work at clients’ premises as needed.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Preparation and submission of VAT Returns on behalf of clients, including bookkeeping requirements.
- Working at Clients premises when required to assist with their Bookkeeping and Accountancy requirements.
- Client bookkeeping including reconciliation of bank statements, credit cards and petty cash for both VAT returns and accounts production.
- Maintaining regular contact with clients where required, including bookkeeping, payments, accounts and currency collection.
- Acting as main contact point for various clients including bookkeeping, payments, accounts and currency collection.
- Maintaining financial records and data accurately and within agreed systems.
Occasional responsibilities include:
- Preparation of Accounts and Business/Corporate and Personal Tax returns from clients’ books and records including online filing.
- Preparation of Income Tax and Corporation Tax computations.
- Completion of monthly, quarterly and year end reports where appropriate.
- Company secretarial services as required.
- Covering for colleagues in times of absence.
The ideal candidate will:
- have a good academic background
- have a good working knowledge of Excel, Word and Email.
- have knowledge of accountancy software packages such as QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and Sage.
- knowledge of HMRC guidelines.
- excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- accuracy & attention to detail, good time management and organisation skills.
- ability to meet targets under time constraints.
- ability to build strong working relationships both internally and externally.
- have strong communication and team-working skills.
- ability to do accounts and tax return preparation would be useful, but not required.
In return, the successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary, Company Pension Scheme, Company Health Care Scheme, training and ongoing support. They will also benefit from working with our very diverse client base, gaining experience of supporting a range of business from start-ups to medium-sized companies.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individual applicants only please (no agencies).